Excellent audio quality
The DESKTOP speaker comprises a 4″ bass driver and a 1″ tweeter unit with an amplified bhi DSP noise cancelling unit capable of producing up to 10 Watts audio (peak).
Easy to use controls
The DESKTOP speaker is easy to use with rotary controls for volume on/off and filter level on the side of the speaker.
The DESKTOP speaker has two 4mm screw terminal posts at the back for mono speaker level signals (4 or 8 ohm), and a stereo 3.5mm “Line Level” input socket suitable for use with SDR radio, Elecraft and FlexRadio products. There is also 3.5mm headphone socket on the side of the speaker for mono or stereo headphones. 12V DC Power is via the 2.1mm power socket (centre +ve).
Filter level control
Noise cancelling is switched on and off by pressing the filter level control. Rotating this control allows you to change the filter level in real time to suit your current listening conditions.
What’s in the box
The DESKTOP speaker is supplied with a 2.1mm fused DC power lead with bare ends, a quality 1.2 metre audio cable with a moulded 3.5mm jack plug and 4mm banana plugs and a full user manual. A 12V DC world-wide mains plug-in power supply PSU12-2A-WW is available as an optional extra.
Using your DESKTOP speaker
Simply connect the power lead and audio lead to your DESKTOP speaker and radio, switch on the power supply and you are ready to go, adjusting the volume and filter level controls on the side of the speaker to suit your own requirements.
Click here for the excellent QST review of the DESKTOP DSP speaker in the Mar ’15 QST magazine
- Quality 10Watt amplified DSP base station speaker
- 4″ bass driver and 1″ tweeter for excellent audio
- Works with most radios and receivers including SDR radios
- Simple to operate with intuitive rotary encoder controls
- Speaker level and line level audio input connections
- Audio input level overload feature
- Noise reduction 9 to 35dB (8 levels)
- All functions microprocessor controlled
- 3.5mm headphone socket (mono or stereo phones)